What is hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism develops when the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormones to meet the need of the body. The thyroid gland is underactive.
The thyroid tends to be an underappreciated organ, but despite being a small gland it has massive implications for your health
Thyroid hormones regulate the metabolism of the body. If thyroxin levels are low, many body functions slow down. Hypothyroidism, specifically, is the most common thyroid disorder in India, affecting one in ten adults. The prevalence of hypothyroidism in India is 11%, compared with only 2% in the UK and 4·6% in the USA.
Homeopathy plays a crucial role in managing hypothyroidism, Homeopathic remedy helps stimulate the thyroid gland to overcome deficiency or excess on its own. Our specially formulated Homeopathy treatment protocol can get your thyroid hormones in a normal range and we can gradually stop your thyroid medications.
Hypothyroidism is one of the most common clinical conditions among the patients visited in our clinic and has been treated successfully with homeopathic medicines.
Types Of Hypothyroidism
- Primary hypothyroidism:- caused by failure of thyroid function
- Secondary hypothyroidism:- due to failure of adequate thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) secretion from the pituitary gland or thyrotropin-releasing hormone from the hypothalamus.
What causes hypothyroidism?
Primary causes of hypothyroidism
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis or chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis
- Thyroiditis (inflammation of the thyroid)
- Treatment of hyperthyroidism (radiation and surgical removal of the thyroid).
- Iodine deficiency (not having enough iodine — a mineral your thyroid uses to make hormones – in your body).
Secondary cause of hypothyroidism
- Pituitary adenoma
- Surgery or radiation to the pituitary
- Drug Injury
- Autoimmune disease
What are the signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism?
The symptoms of hypothyroidism can vary from person to person and may include:
- Weight gain
- A puffy face
- Trouble tolerating cold
- Joint and muscle pain
- Dry skin
- Dry, thinning hair
- Decreased sweating
- Heavy or irregular menstrual periods
- Fertility problems in women
- Slowed heart rate
- Goiter is an enlarged thyroid that may cause your neck to look swollen. Sometimes it can cause trouble with breathing or swallowing.
Because hypothyroidism develops slowly, many people don’t notice symptoms of the disease for months or even years. consider it as an aging process.
How is hypothyroidism diagnosed?
- Is made from history, and clinical picture.
- Thyroid tests, such as TSH, T3, T4, and thyroid antibody blood tests
- Imaging tests, such as a thyroid scan
What are the treatments for hypothyroidism?
Conventional medicine for hypothyroidism involves the daily use of synthetic thyroid hormone tablets. The dose is adjusted depending upon age, weight, and TSH lab report findings. Generally, the conventional medicine for hypothyroidism has to be taken lifelong.
Our Protocol for Hypothyroidism
- Our aim is to reactivate the thyroid gland, thereby assisting to produce its own T3 & T4 Hormone
- We aim to heal from the root cause seen in the majority of cases of hypothyroidism Hashimoto’s Disease. Where your own body’s immune system starts making antibodies against your own tissues and in this particle case, it is the thyroid.
- In conventional medicine where mediation is driven to get Tsh, into the normal range, irrespective of understanding underlines the causative factor like autoimmune is not addressed appropriately.
- Many cases have been seen in practice where in person are on thyroid supplement drug, their TSH is controlled with n normal range, but still majority patient is unwell.
- Just giving thyroid replacement without actually dealing with the root cause of why your thyroid isn’t working in the first place will not be sustainable.
- Our protocol for a hypothyroid case is to try to figure out in every individual person, whether it is autoimmune, nutritional deficiencies, Hormonal, pregnancy after, etc.., so we really look at the broad spectrum of what casing hypothyroid.
- We have seen patients dependent on conventional thyroid medicine for less than 2-3 years respond much better and in many cases gradually tapering down from synthetic hormone replacement drugs can be achieved, if they opt to choose homeopathy at the earliest.
Dietary advice for Hypothyroid
- Looking for associated problems such as gluten intolerance, food allergies, and, as well as deficiencies of vitamin D, selenium, vitamin A, and zinc.
- Choosing foods that offer nutritional support for your thyroid, such as
sunflower seeds, whole grains, and brazil nuts
- Avoid raw cruciferous vegetables and soy.
- Implementing lifestyle practices to support thyroid health such as reducing stress.